- Name the Vice Chairman of NITI Ayog? – Arvind Panagriya (Note– He resigned recently, but will still remain in office until the 31st August 2017)
- What is the SI Unit of Force? – Newton
- Name the Grandson of Emperor Asoka? – Dashrath Maurya, Samprati & Satakarni
- Which dynasty was followed by Tughlaq?- Sayed Dynasty
- Which media is stored permanently?
- Resistance of Ideal Ammeter and Ideal Voltmeter?- Zero
- Minimum age of Vice President?- 35
- India & England match in 2016 held in which stadium?
- Which of the following does not form smog?
- Pannalal Ghosh is belonged to which instrument? – Flute
- Who is the author of the Sellout Book? – Paul Beaty
- What is the minimum age for Vice President? – 35 Years
- Who was the son of Chandragupta Maurya? – Bindusara
- Which dynasty came after Tughlaq? – Sayyid Dynasty
- Ekuverin Military exercise between India and? – Maldives
- Duncan line passes through?
- Unit of Pressure? – Pascal
- SI unit of work? – Joule
- Who is the inventor of Laser Printer? – Gary Starkweather
- Rusting is the process of?
- Where is Temple of Patal Bhairava? – Ujjain
- Recently USA made which country as major defense partner? – India
- The rate at which Reserve Bank of India borrows money from commercial banks within the country. It is called?- Reverse Repo rate
- How many members nominated by president in Lok Sabha?- 2
- Which is Cation?- Positively Charge Ion
- Match the following artists with music instrument- Flute-Hari Prasad Chaurasia
- Who received Polly umrigar Award in 2011-12?- Virat Kohli recently
- Where is the temple of Patal Bhairav Temple?- Ujjain
- Which commission is replaced Niti Ayog?- Planning Commission
Q1. Find the Synonym for the following question?
Sol. opulent: ostentatiously costly and luxurious.
Q2. Find the Synonym for the following question?
Sol. grotesque: comically or repulsively ugly or distorted.
Q3. Find the Antonym for the following question?
Sol. irk: irritate; annoy, genial-friendly and cheerful.
Q4. Find the Antonym for the following question?
Sol. Apex-the top or highest part of something, especially one forming a point.
Q5. Find the Correctly Spelt word?
Sol. ‘Niece’ is correct spelling.
Q6. Find the Correctly Spelt word?
Sol. ‘Dictionary’ is correct spelling.
Directions (7-9): Some parts of the sentences have error and some are correct. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.
Q7. If I am you I would not have behaved like that.
(a) If I am you
(b) I would not have behaved
(c) like that.
(d) No error
Sol. Write ‘had been’ in place of ‘am’.
Q8. He made me to do all the work.
(a) He made me
(b) to do
(c) all the work.
(d) No error
Sol. Write ‘do’ in place of ‘to do’. Infinitive ‘to’ is not used with the verb ‘make’.
Q9. Neither of them were able to complete the work.
(a) Neither of them
(b) were able to
(c) complete the work.
(d) No error
Sol. Write ‘was’ in place of ‘were’.
Q10.A person who is made to bear the blame due to others.
Sol. scapegoat: a person who is blamed for the wrongdoings, mistakes, or faults of others, especially for reasons of expediency.
Q11.That which cannot be corrected.
(d) None of these
Sol. incorrigible: (of a person or their behaviour) not able to be changed or reformed.
Q12. Short speech a poem given at the end of a play or book
Sol. epilogue: a section or speech at the end of a book or play that serves as a comment on or a conclusion to what has happened.
Directions (13-17): In the following passage, some of the words have been left out. First read the passage over and try to understand what it is about. Then fill in the blanks with the help of the alternatives given. Mark your answer in the Answer Sheet.
Since you have never had to (13) me for anything, perhaps you wouldn’t be (14) sticking (15) me now that I have run (16) debt, and (17) these people that it is in no way a Reflection on my character.
Sol. Reproach- express to (someone) one’s disapproval of or disappointment in their actions.
(a) Averse to
(b) Deprived of
(c) Indifferent to
(d) Desirous of
Sol. Averse to- having a strong dislike of or opposition to something.
Sol. Preposition ‘to’ is correct.
Sol. Preposition ‘into’ is correct.
Sol. Convincing- is the correct choice.
Q18.What is the meaning of the idiom “teething problems”?
(a) Something that is of less value
(b) problems in society
(c) problems that you experience in the early stages of an activity
(d) teeth problems
Sol. teething troubles: short-term problems that occur in the early stages of a new project.
Q19. What is the meaning of the idiom “To keep the wolf away from the door”?
(a) To keep away from extreme poverty
(b) To keep off an unwanted and undesirable person
(c) To keep alive
(d) To hold the difficulties and dangers in check
Sol. keep the wolf from the door: to maintain oneself at a minimal level; to keep from starving, freezing.
Q20. What is the meaning of the idiom “To keep the ball rolling”?
(a) To earn more and more
(b) To work constantly
(c) To maintain the progress of a project, plan, etc.
(d) To make the best use of
Sol. keep the ball rolling: to cause something that is in progress to continue.
Q21. He has seen many ups and downs in life but he has never been as much dejected as he is today.
(a) that much dejected
(b) so much in dejection
(c) so dejected
(d) No improvement
Sol. so dejected. So-as is the correlative conjunction and used in pairs.
Q22. Socrates had many disciples and the greatest of them was Plato.
(a) the greater
(b) the greatest
(d) No improvement
Sol. the greatest- article ‘the’ is used with superlative degree.
Q23. Neither the judge nor I am ready to announce who is the winner.
(a) am ready to announce who the winner is
(b) is ready to announce who the winner is
(c) is ready to announce who is the winner
(d) No improvement
Sol. “am ready to announce who the winner is”. In statement form of the sentence, we use the verb after the subject.
Directions (24-25): The sentences are given to each question, which properly sequenced, forms a coherent paragraph. Each sentence is labeled with a letter. Choose the most logical order of sentences from among the given choices to construct a coherent paragraph.
- In 2010-11, the studies conducted showed that the growth of exports from the various Indian states was robust.
- In the first half of 2011-12, there was robust export growth in case of Karnataka, Uttar Pradesh, and Time Nadu.
- The data on the state of origin of exports of goods showed that the two States, namely Gujarat and Maharashtra, accounted for 46 percent of exports from India.
- Only Goa and negative export growth due to fall in ore exports owing to a ban on exports of iron ore by the Karnataka government
Sol. The logical and correct order of the sentences of the given paragraph should be- BCDA.
- Widely published tables of income levels of all countries indicate that when incomes are higher, the greater is the contribution made by the manufacturing industry.
- Countries that have little or no industry are almost invariably poor.
- The lesson is clear, to overcome poverty and backwardness, a country must become industrialized.
- Industrialization is seen as the key to growth and a prerequisite for development.
Note: Question provided here is based on memory may not be 100% correct. But this will surely help you to understand the pattern of SSC CGL 2017.