List of Chief Justices of India: The Chief Justice of India is appointed by the President of India under Article 24 of the Constitution of India. Chief Justice of India can hold the position up to the age of 65 years.
List of Chief Justices of India
Points to be remember
- Chief Justice of India takes the oath under the President of India.
- H. J. Kania was the first Chief Justices of India.
- Justice Y. V. Chandrachud is the longest serving Chief Justice (February 1978 – July 1985).
- Justice J. S. Khehar was the first Sikh CJI of India.
- CJI can transfer the Judge of a High Court to another High Court under Article 222 of the Indian Constitution.