SSC CGL 2017 Tier-I first Shift is over. These questions are based on the type of GA questions asked in the first Shift of the exam (16th August). Candidates having CGL Exam in other shifts can go through these questions and can expect these questions to be asked in upcoming shifts as well.
Q1. What is the Direct transformation from solid to gas is called?
Q2. Hydraulic lift works on the Principle of?
Ans. Pascal law
Q3. Who got Life time achievement award 2017?
Q4. SAARC summit in 2016 postponed, In which country it was to be held?
Q5. Largest gland in the human body?
Q6. “Hema Malini: Beyond the Dream Girl” was written by?
Ans: Ram Kamal Mukherjee
Q7. Sardar Patel was associated with which of the following?
(a) Bhudan movement
(b) Bardoli Satyagraha
(c) Swadeshi movement
Ans: Bardoli satyagraha
Q8. Judicial review was taken from which country?
Q9. Lichens and mosses are characteristic of which of the following?
(b) Evergreen forest
(c) Tropical deciduous forest
Q10. Fly ashes are formed in which of the following?
(hydel power plant, coal power plant, 2 more option)
Ans: coal power plant
Q11. How many times can one become President?
(d) many times
Ans: Many Times
Q12. Maximum temperature difference during day and night is in which of the following?
Q13. Night blindness is due to the deficiency of which vitamin?
Ans: vitamin A
Q14. Who killed John Saunders in 1927?
Ans: Bhagat Singh and Shivaram Rajguru
Q15. “Queensbury Rule” related to which sport?
Q16. “Dulari Kanya” scheme started by which state?
Ans: Arunachal Pradesh
Q17. Bronze is an alloy made up of which of the following?
Ans: Copper and Tin
Q18. Theory of Relativity given by?
Ans: Albert Einstein
Q19. What is indifference curve?
Q20. In Jan 2017 China started 7456-mile long railway track connecting China and which country?
Q21. Which hockey player was awarded Padma Shri award this year?
Ans: PR Sreejesh
Q22. What do I mean in MICR?
Q23. Right portion of heart receives what kind of blood
Q24. Match of the following?
white revolution, green revolution and blue revolution with their leaders
white revolution – Verghese Kurien
green revolution – MS Swaminathan
blue revolution – Hiralal Chaudhari
1. Which is the first Super computer in the world? Atlas
2. Where will be BRICS 2017 will be held? Xiamen, China
3. Chemical Formula of Quick Lime? CAO
4. What is SI unit of power? Watt
5. Who is the author of the book “The Windfall”? Diksha Basu
6.Which article is the heart and soul of Indian Constitution? Article 32
7. Who developed polio vaccine? Jonas Salk
8. After which act East India Company lost commercial monopoly of trading? Charter Act 1813
9. Is Ginger a Stem or Root? Stem
10. The rolling plan came after which 5-year plan? Fifth Plan (74-78)
11. Serena Williams defeated her sister to win which record? Australia Open 2017
12. Match the following questions on three medieval wars (Haldighati, Panipat, and Buxar)?
13. Filmfare lifetime achievement award 2017 is given to? Shatrughan Sinha
14. Who launched the Chipko movement? Sunderlal Bahuguna
15. Which of these is not a Coal? Signite
16. One match the following Question on green, white & pink revolution.
1. David Warner is a cricket player of which country: Australia
2. Financial emergency in which article in Indian constitution? Article 360
3. How many Parts are there in human Brain? Three
4. Who is the inventor of radar? Heinrich Hertz
5. The Longest bullet train is in which country? China
6. Who was awarded Padma Vibhushan in the field of music? K. J. Yesudas
7. The autobiography unsuitable boy is written by? Karan Johar
8. Who discovered electron? JJ Thomson
9. What is an adrenaline? Hormone
10. Poona Pact was held between Mahatma Gandhi and? B R Ambedkar
11. Which of these is not an Input Device? Plotter
12. Carbolic Acid is also known as? Phenol
13. Indian Forests are mostly of which type? Tropical Forest
14. When the light goes from one medium to another medium it is called? Refraction
15. Narmada Bachao Andolan is related to?
16. Which country is not a member of IORA? China
17. Which is not a fundamental duty.
18. Who abolished sati pratha in India? Lord William Bentic
19. Lorenz Curve is related to? Distribution of income
20. What is the minimum fair of UDAN Scheme? 2500
Please Comment: If you have remembered any questions